We’ve all experienced that uncomfortable feeling of walking barefoot on a cold, tiled floor.
Especially in the winter when mom is always telling us to wrap up warm.
Under floor heating puts a stop to cold feet and is fast becoming a popular solution.
Under floor heating can be installed under any floor – tiles, marble, granite, parquet and more.
It’s recommended that under floor heating be installed when renovating the home or replacing the floor rather than later.
This is because the project is a complex and extensive one that involve laying infrastructure such as heating panels beneath the floor.
The under floor heating is a sophisticated system that lets you walk barefoot on the floor during the winter months.
The under floor heating system includes the installation of safe heating elements under the floor which then distribute heat throughout the home.
Heating is carried out either through a heat pump or an air conditioner, known as a “Mazcham” that transforms into a heat pump at the flick of a switch.
Under floor heating doesn’t just heat the floor, but provides warmth to the entire home.
Under floor heating can be divided into two main types:
● Electrical under floor heating – this form of under floor heating uses electric heating sheets.
● Water based under floor heating – Using this system pipes are laid under the floor and water, heated using gas, fuel oil or electricity, flows through the pipes.
The under floor heating system has many advantages which have made it extremely popular across the country.
Here are just a few of the more significant advantages of an under floor heating system:
● As opposed to air conditioning, the under floor heating system doesn’t take up any space inside the room.
All that you see is a small thermostat installed on one of the room’s walls.
● Under floor heating is an efficient, quiet and economical solution that saves energy as opposed to air conditioning and radiators that don’t heat a space efficiently, use a great deal of electricity and make noise.
● Installing an under floor heating system is simple and it can be installed under almost every floor type whether granite, tiles, marble or parquet.
You can be sure that installation won’t cause any damage or risk.
● The under floor heating system doesn’t radiate any electromagnetic radiation as it is based on hot water pipes.